Our Programme Management as a Service has been designed to work for the best interest of the organisation, rather than individual teams, recognising the fact that a programme is only successful if its components or projects are successful. Shaping a Programme requires the selection and framing of projects and consideration of current work in progress and requires extensive experience and knowledge. NWT can provide the additional capacity and capability to help shape a programme, by understanding the business vision for the future state and the appetite for change, and then help to deliver that programme of work with reduced risk and the highest business gain.
Programme Management is sometimes incorrectly confused with Project Management. Programme Management is the process of managing programs mapped to business objectives and outcomes. Prince 2 defines a Programme as “a group of related projects managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually”.
The Programme Management function is responsible for delivering change and provides effective co-ordination of the programme’s initiatives and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of the new capability for the business to enable effective change and realisation of projected benefits. NWT’s ability to quickly provide Programme Managers allows us to provide immediate support and specialist advice when you need it most. Whether your programme has a life span of a few weeks, months or several years, we can provide the additional resource required to:
• Plan and design the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
• Define the programme’s governance arrangements
• Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other initiatives, technical and specialist standards
• Manage the programme’s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
• Facilitate the appointment of partners, individuals and services
• Ensure the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
• Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
• Manage third party contributions to the programme
• Manage communications with all stakeholders
• Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
• Manage risks to the programme’s successful outcome
• Work with the business on the transition to the new business model.
Programme Managers oversee and coordinate the various projects and other strategic initiatives throughout an organisation. They can also help to drive organisational change by helping with agile transformations, including implementing practices and principles such as SAFe or DevOps. In NWT, where necessary, we expect our Programme Managers to align program management practices and processes with agile values to deliver value to customers. A programme manager can bring agile to life for teams across large programmes or individual projects by tailoring programmes to the specific requirements and opportunities of the business.
Benefits of our service include:
• Access to a team of qualified and experience Programme Managers on demand
• Rapid transformation of inhouse capabilities
• Accelerated value with programme initiatives/value streams aligned to top business priorities
• Free up internal resource to focus on competitive advantage activities
• Improved knowledge base and costs
In essence, this service is designed to free-up senior management teams to focus on essential decision-making and leadership, and supply expertise and information to effectively manage emerging pressures. NWT can provide senior, experienced Programme Managers on an interim basis to manage individual or multiple programmes of work with complex integrations on your behalf.
Our Consultants have expertise spanning engineering, IT/digital and information management, digital transformation, cyber security, intelligent digital workplace and talent acquisition giving them real-world experience and understanding to deal with nearly any situation that arises. The impressive skill sets of our Programme Managers enable them to plan, coordinate and execute mission critical programmes according to extremely demanding requirements and constraints – on time and to budget.
NWT has immense experience in leading successful digital transformations in a variety of sectors. We have a strongly collaborative culture that enables us to bring together multiple individuals and teams to focus on solving the problem at hand. We understand the uniquely complex challenges presented by planning and delivering major programmes and have the understanding, ability and confidence to address these challenges and manage programmes the scale of which can transform your company.
Achieving results takes leadership and hard work and our new world approach will help to solve your challenges.