Project Management as a Service
Challenges such as the loss of key people, exceptional projects outside of core capabilities and crisis management, all put an organisation under extreme pressure to deliver. We have designed our Project Management as a Service (PMaaS) to provide additional capacity and capability to help you to save time, money, and the headache of developing your own project management capability at short notice.
Project Management is sometimes incorrectly confused with Programme Management. Prince 2 defines a project as “a temporary organisation that is created for the purpose of delivering one or more business products according to a specified business case”. Projects deal with delivering strictly defined outputs within a specific timescale and budget, and our PMaaS will ensure that the project delivers the intended goal, within a defined timeframe and budget.
A Project Management Methodology is essentially a set of guiding principles and processes for managing a project. Your choice of methodology will define how you work and communicate. There are various Project Methodologies and Frameworks used today including Agile, Waterfall, Prince2, PMP, etc. You may also be considering the use of a Framework such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) which is an approach to scaling agile practices across an enterprise based on the principles of Lean and Agile. Each project management methodology has positive and negative points, and the choice will depend on the needs of the organisation and the types of projects that it will be undertaking. NWT has extensive knowledge of all these approaches and also recognises that any organisation may use a combination, that will need to also co-exist, so it is key the correct methodologies should be deployed in this context.
When you use our PMaaS you are bringing in professionals that specialise in project management. For us, project management is a core competency. This type of service offers access to qualified and talented people who know project management inside out. The Benefits of our service include:
• Access to a team of qualified and experienced Project Managers on demand, who provide access to a tailored methodology for project management based on best practice
• Utilising our Programme Delivery Framework which will allow you to prioritise and manage the lifecycle of projects within your programme
• Free up internal resource to focus on competitive advantage activities. Enables your team to engage on projects whether they are internal team-led, NWT led or a hybrid, and be successful
• Rapid transformation of inhouse capabilities
• Improved cost position, reducing the capital cost and giving cost flexibility
• Experience of major UK Digital Transformation projects
• Broad spectrum of technologies, methodologies and frameworks including Agile, DevOps, etc
• Wide Sector experience including Government, Defence, Utilities and Financial Services
• A flexible contract that is underscored with KPIs within the service level agreement, so that the contract can be jointly managed to ensure success for all parties
• Flexible pool of experienced PMP_Prince2_&_MSP certified professionals
• Quick mobilisation of resources
If you facing specific challenges then we would be happy to discuss with you whether you could benefit from our PMaaS. Certain projects are more likely to require PMaaS than others particularly where some projects are agile and changeable, and more likely to lead to the requirement for scaling up resources very quickly – and scaling down again equally as rapidly. In other cases, your project may require specific types of governance or compliance and you may also benefit from an expert who possesses the right level of knowledge and experience. Given that the PMaaS can be cost effective as well, this can make it a good option in these types of situations. Other situations where PMaaS may work well are on large scale projects where there are a lot of stakeholders and where time is tight.
Our Consultants have expertise spanning engineering, IT/digital and information management, digital transformation, cyber security, intelligent digital workplace and talent acquisition giving them real-world experience and understanding to deal with nearly any situation that arises. We ensure that our people are both very effective project managers and a good cultural fit for your organisation. NWT has immense experience in leading successful agile transformations in a variety of sectors. We have a strongly collaborative culture that enables us to bring together multiple individuals and teams to focus on solving the problem at hand.
NWT’s Project Management as a Service has the potential to solve your problem of insufficient project management resourcing and skills within your organisation. We have a pragmatic approach that recognises the patchwork quilt of methods and process history in combination with the digital business outcomes required by companies in today’s world. We have people who have successfully delivered key projects all over the world and have a passion for making sure we provide you with the New World performance that you deserve.